Friday, March 18, 2022

Filming Report 2.0

             We finished filming! We wanted to shoot Wednesday afternoon in the bathrooms where we had started on Monday, but they were all locked, so we had to schedule a different day. School was closed the day we decided to shoot on, so we ended up filming at the community bathroom in the actor's neighborhood. It worked well, but the formatting of the bathrooms was a little different to what I had prepared for on the storyboard, meaning I had to alter a few of the shots. For example, I had to merge shots 19 and 20 since the trashcan was right next to the door. 



            It still works well and in service of the story, seeing as it is still a wide shot that demonstrates what Andrea's doing, where she's going and what comes next for her. 

            The most interesting shot to film was the last one, where she rests her head on the wheel of the car. We tried various ways of formatting the camera, since it was uncomfortable for me to hold it, the lighting from the sun was weird when I didn't, and it would look a little slanted when it was just resting on the car's dashboard. 

            Here I am trying to figure it out: 




            Here is how I finally formatted it: 



            And here we are together in the acting/directing process:  


            I'm very happy with the footage I filmed, and I'm excited to start editing. 


Until my next blog post,

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's Done!

                I'm done! I cannot believe it. It doesn't feel like it's been as long as it has been. This project has definitel...