Monday, March 21, 2022

Editing Preparation and Decisions

            Before I begin to edit all the clips together, it was necessary that I cleared some elements up and made some impactful decisions. 

            I've started going through all the videos I recorded to select the best takes. Before deciding which ones I will and won’t use, I added them all to an album. Instead of deleting the takes I’m not going to use, I’m simply removing them from the album just in case I want to refer to them later, or end up deciding to utilize them. 


            As for which editing program I’m going to use, I was stuck between DaVinci Resolve and iMovie. I think DaVinci has more options, but I’m much more familiar with iMovie. The editing is going to be very straightforward, seeing as most (if not all) of the transitions are cuts, which means iMovie would work fine. Relating to the text (the title and credits I’m going to include in the opening), I looked through all the options both programs have for titles, which helped me choose which program I will use.





            I’ve decided on using iMovie for the exact reasons I listed above. I’m familiar with it, and I like the straightforward title transitions available on the program. 


            After making these decisions and cleaning up the videos I have to choose from, I’m prepared to start editing soon. 


As always, thanks for reading,

Michelle


No comments:

Post a Comment

It's Done!

                I'm done! I cannot believe it. It doesn't feel like it's been as long as it has been. This project has definitel...