Sunday, March 27, 2022

Editing Progress!

             As I begin and move through the process of editing, I've begun to realize just how well prepared I was for this moment. The sound perspective project I did for AICE Media Studies a couple of months ago has especially well-prepared me for this step in the process of crafting my film opening. 

            So far, one of the most difficult parts to edit has been the transition between the first video clip to the second. I had to crop the first one a little bit so that the audio transition would be as smooth as possible. 

            Additionally, the cut transitions between these clips (a midshot, a close up of the test, an over the shoulder showing the test, CS of the test again, and then back to a MS) has been difficult to make clean. I think the close ups of the test work well together, but if the transitions between all these shots are so choppy, then I may have to remove one of them. The choppiness is also due to the difference in audio between all the clips, so I must take out the audio from some of them, and duplicate the audio I'd like to use, to make it as uniform as possible. 





            Something I unexpectedly love is this whip pan transition I didn't even plan for. I may edit it differently in the final cut, just in case it doesn't fit the tone of the rest of the movie, but I think it's nice to have something different. 

 

            I'm not going to lie, I was very nervous about editing because it would mean I would have to watch my work back, as well as make crucial decisions for the opening. But it has honestly been fun to do and I can't wait to progress further. 


Thanks for reading,

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's Done!

                I'm done! I cannot believe it. It doesn't feel like it's been as long as it has been. This project has definitel...