Saturday, March 5, 2022

Beginning the Auditioning Process

            I have begun the search for my lead actor! Yesterday, I got in contact with the drama teacher at my school to find out some information on when and how I could begin holding auditions. She recommended her periods with the most advanced students, and luckily one of them is during my study hall. On Monday morning, I’ll head on over to her classroom and begin the auditioning process. 


            I’ve been thinking of the best way to go about it, since this is very new to me. I’ve never looked for an actor through an auditioning process, so I’ve decided to reflect and do some research. 


            Here are the best No Film School’s tips for holding auditions: 


  • Know the story

  • Make sure the actors also know the story (the character’s details, the setting, etc.)

  • Make the auditioning space comfortable

  • Have assistance while holding the audition

  • Assess actors as they come into the audition

  • Record the audition

  • Say something positive and final at the end


            I should also remember to make sure the actor is comfortable portraying a serious character in what could be a controversial role. I must also make sure that the actor has time in their schedule to film and if they are free to do so on a weekend. Communication is imperative, so the actor and I must have a proper way of doing so. 


            Some requirements:


  • You must be comfortable with close ups of your face.

  • You must be comfortable being mask-less in a public setting while filming.


            I’m interested in seeing how the actors portray the stress and anxiety Andrea is feeling. During the auditions, I’m going to ask them to demonstrate talking to themselves in an almost-manic way while trying to calm themselves down. 


            I’ve been looking forward to this step in the process so I’m really excited to begin.  :)


Thanks for reading, 

Michelle


Renée, V. “10 Tips for Holding Better Auditions.” No Film School, No Film School, 31 Dec. 2015, https://nofilmschool.com/2015/10/10-tips-holding-better-auditions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's Done!

                I'm done! I cannot believe it. It doesn't feel like it's been as long as it has been. This project has definitel...