Saturday, February 19, 2022

A Decision Has Been Made

            After thinking about my ideas long and hard, I’ve reached a conclusion. The film opening I want to make is… drum roll please… the pregnancy one! How exciting. I’m serious, I’m excited. 

            How did I reach this decision? Well, I described the situation to each of my friends and realized the “doubts” I had about this idea were honestly challenges that I’m looking forward to solving. I stated in my last blog post that I would have to find a filming location, which may be a little difficult, but I’m very excited to look around town for places that will let me film there. Also, I think this idea is much more original than the party, and it has more of a storyline. I feel like this film opening really introduces the conflict of a larger story to be told, which I think is awesome. Additionally, I’m so excited to produce the ideas I have for this film opening. 


            This idea does mean that I have to do research into the drama genre, seeing as my ideas for this opening fall more into the drama genre than the coming of age one. Two movies that I must consider are Juno (2007) and Unpregnant (2020). Although they are similar in that they are about teen pregnancy, both have various plotlines that are visible from the film opening. Their intros are completely different from each other and what mine will be.


            Take a look at Juno’s intro (PG-13 sex scene, viewer discretion is advised): 



I absolutely adore it. It’s not similar to what I want to do, since my opening is going to be the main character receiving the pregnancy test results, but it’s still such a wonderful opening. I love the colors, the music, and the animation. 


Image gallery for Unpregnant - FilmAffinity


            Unpregnant’s opening is a little closer to what I’m envisioning, but it’s still very different. It feels much more light-hearted than what I have in mind, and the opening begins the plot of the two main characters interacting with each other, even though they hate each other. I will be referring back to Unpregnant in the future, especially for shots I find interesting. 


            Referring to movies with similar premises will aid me in communicating my story, as well as stray away from anything too alike. This, along with the drama conventions I plan to utilize, will help to make this film opening as perfect as I can make it. 



Until my next post,

Michelle


No comments:

Post a Comment

It's Done!

                I'm done! I cannot believe it. It doesn't feel like it's been as long as it has been. This project has definitel...