Sunday, February 13, 2022

The Inception of a Film Opening

            I feel like my head is overflowing with ideas, but I can only perfectly envision a few. I know I want to create a coming of age film opening, and I’m so excited to start filming it, but I’m also very intimidated by the process that awaits me. 

I know my target audience for a coming of age film is young adults/teens, so I have to make sure I produce a film opening that this demographic can relate to. It has to be something that keeps them hooked; I have to cast actors that represent them and they can see themselves as, develop a plot they identify with, and have costumes they would also wear or would want to wear.


 Furthermore, I have a clear vision for some of the shots and techniques I want to use, but I don’t know exactly what I want to do with the project as a whole. For example, I don’t know the entire plot yet, but I know I want to utilize a genre convention that will get the target audience interested in the film. I’m thinking it could be something like the main character getting in a fight with their parents or even running away or sneaking out. Additionally, I also know I want to use quirky fonts for the title and credits. 


My next blog post will include more research into the genre and how I may be able to utilize the techniques and conventions I find to create the best coming of age film opening I can. 


Until then,

Michelle


“Coming-of-Age Story.” TV Tropes, https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ComingOfAgeStory. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

It's Done!

                I'm done! I cannot believe it. It doesn't feel like it's been as long as it has been. This project has definitel...